SoftBank officially applies for relisting of Arm
🟦 Arm Officially Applies for IPO
Arm announced that it has filed for an initial public offering (IPO) on the NASDAQ market. Arm is a semiconductor and software design company headquartered in the United Kingdom, part of SoftBank. We mainly provide microprocessor design licenses. The market capitalization at the time of the IPO is expected to be more than 600 billion dollars (about 8.8 trillion yen).
Arm’s Corporate Values
- $310 billion at the time of acquisition of SoftBank in 2016
- $400 billion 2020 Nvidia acquisition announcement
- $600 billion? 2023 Relisted on the NASDAQ market
🟦 Failed sale to Nvidia
SoftBank attempted to sell Arm to Nvidia in 2020, but the deal broke down due to lack of regulatory approval. SoftBank will receive $12.5 billion in fees from Nvidia. After that, there were rumors that Arm was aiming for an IPO, and this time an IPO was officially applied. The filing revealed ARM’s sales figures.
- Fiscal 2022 $27,300 million (+33% year-over-year)
- Fiscal 2023: $26,7900 million (-1% year-over-year)
After failed sale to Nvidia, SoftBank formally applies for Arm relisting
SoftBank plans to retain management rights by holding more than 80% of ARM shares after listing.